Here’s an opportunity to join our organisation at an exciting time. As an experienced network engineer, you will play a key role in ensuring the continuous development of our key business systems, which in turn enable our important work.
Job – Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnosing and correcting technical problems with LAN, WAN, and WLAN network components, and end-device network clients (including handheld devices)
- Maintain and troubleshoot networking systems including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, wireless systems and end-user network clients.
- Install, configure and test of updates and upgrades to network hardware and firmware
- Document all work actions as required by company and clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures
- Work with client and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and connect technical issues
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of network systems
- Support multiple technical systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours
- This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as may be assigned.
Education or Academic Qualification –
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science from a reputed university
- Master degree or MBA desirable
- Manufacturer certifications for technical knowledge and product-specific skills.
- Cisco CCNA or CompTIA Network+ required
Work Exposure or Professional Experience –
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction on a variety of network, LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies, including but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers, wireless access points and end-device network clients.
Skills required (Soft & Technical)
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and implementation
- Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Foundational knowledge Cisco IOS, and Cisco Nexus OS.
- Working knowledge of IP internetworking/ IP routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), Quality of Service (QoS), IP multicast, etc.
- Must be an enthusiastic self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Excellent verbal and written skills